02 June 2014

may, on instagram

Hiiiii I'm still terrible at updating n_____n But let's see if this is an easier way for me to share the little things in life, since I don't think I can keep up with doing weekly life bits. I've also switched the commenting system over to Disqus. I've been getting more comments lately (thank you all! I appreciate that a lot, and I'll be getting back to you soon <3) but it's hard for me to keep up with Blogger's system, so let's see how this one works out. Please bear with me as I'm trying out new things for this blog!

packing, breakfast at cora's, flight back at pearson international

Uh, so how to begin this? I went to Canada to visit some friends early in May, for the second time. I think the story of how we met is quite interesting - online over video games, in high school. We played World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2, and now Dota 2 among other games here and there. Back then I didn't even know these guys well and I wouldn't expect to meet them and have them turn out to be some of my closest friends.

We spent our time mostly playing board games, going out to eat, watching some Dota tournament, and sleeping. Well, it was mostly me sleeping while they were playing board games ("you basically flew over here to sleep the whole time," they say). The best part? Knowing that the guy I've liked years back has the same feelings all this time. It's funny really, since we were both kind of obvious (mostly me on that one) yet oblivious at the same time. I have a feeling that most of the other guys knew we were bound to happen sooner or later. It's a good feeling, yeahhhh n_____n 

haul from the body shop. way too many cotton rounds to count.

The Body Shop had a 40% off sale, so that makes it a great excuse to stock up. And when I say stock up, I mean stock up on ten packages of their cotton rounds. James (my guy!) joked with "imagine if they use that instead of the packing peanuts," and he was right. I also got minis of some of their body butters, since I'm not keen on the idea of buying a huge one unless I'm sure I'll like the scent. And let me tell you, that grapefruit one smells gross to me.

leopard nails, chains, and bows

Lastly, some lame attempts at nail art. You (hopefully) can't tell, but the triangle leopard thang is totally off. I really wanted to experiment with chains because Sara Le does them often and WOW they are so hard to work with that I probably won't try them again in the near future. But they do look nice though. On her nails, not mine. Hard life.

And bows oooohhh! I've always wanted to try bows and stuff cause I think they look so cute on nails. Looks cute is the key word here, because it snags on everything and it's kind of annoying. It ended up falling off the next day at work. One of my coworkers is into nail art too. She had bows and other little decorative things on her nails once, and one of the bows fell into the iced coffee she was making. Thank goodness mine just fell into a storage bin.

Until next post,
Becky

21 comments:

  1. friendship is a treasure when you find the right person! You've been lucky, It is not so easy as it seems :)
    Michela xx

    pursuingadreamcalledlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seriously impressed with those nail shots. They look so unique and pretty! I'd never have the patience to do that, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink nailart! So girlyyyy <3

    xx,

    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute nails!! Also- do you still play world of Warcraft?? My husband and I play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post and cute nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you find the nicest people online c:
    And boardgames are fun! Stay awake next time :P
    Your nails are so darn cute really *__* Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't anymore, that was years and years ago. We only played for one summer and that was it, 'cause it started getting out of hand with 10+ hours a day ;___;

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah! Some of my online friends I don't talk to often anymore, just because life happens I guess. But I'm thankful for the ones that I do keep in touch with!


    Haha some of them seem ridiculously complicated (like the Game of Thrones one) so I just sit myself out and end up falling asleep :P Thank you for the compliment hehe, I can only look forward to improving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to hate Disqus with the intensity of a thousand suns...but now it is my sun and stars HEH
    Christ, that is a LOT of cotton rounds WHAT IS EVEN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BRANDS? I basically hate, maybe like 70% of the Body Shop's body butter scents. I adore Brazil Nut, Coconut and Vineyard Peach though


    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry

    ReplyDelete
  10. SAME HERE I would always be like WHY DISQUS NOTHING GOOD ABOUT IT but I like it a lot more now that I understand how to use it looool


    uh uh for starters these don't break apart as easily like a lot of the other brands I've tried~ The Body Shop scents are super hit or miss for me and coincidentally the ones you like are the ones I don't like heh u_____u

    ReplyDelete
  11. omgosh your photos are so beautiful!
    and so are your nails! <3

    http://joannee-candygram.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww soo cute :D i adore your nails

    I’d really love it if we followed each other :)
    __________________________________________________
    Hope you follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I’d be glad to follow back! Us bloggers should support each other ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha thats a cute story :) i used to play wow too, i was actually quite good at playing it which was very surprising to me cause i usually suck at games so i got really addicted :P anyway let me know how disqus works for you. im thinking of getting it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to hear what you got from the body shop! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm LOVING disqus so far! It's so easy to keep up with comments on your own blog + on other people's blogs, you should definitely make the switch!

    WoW gets addicting, fast. Thankfully we were all playing over the summer before school started, and we quit after that haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. Actually debating on doing a haul post - it seems like that's the only interesting blogging material I can think up of right now. Hopefully getting out of this rut soon~

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha thank you - I personally feel like I have more to work on in terms of photography, but gotta start somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  18. awww I love body shop products! that box <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Agreed! I feel extremely lucky to have what I have right now. Its almost like a modern fairytale come true, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Asdf thank you <3 I don't think I'm anywhere near the pros but I'm very flattered heheheh n____n

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you! If only they would last on me ;(

    ReplyDelete