02 March 2015

february favorites

february favorites - too faced chocolate bar palette, urban decay electric palette, too faced la creme lipstick in nude beach

Like last month, I only have three favorites! Which is a good thing, because it means I'm not spending a lot of money on new makeup. I'm strangely satisfied with the amount I have at the moment and I don't feel the want or need to buy more like I used to.

february favorites - too faced chocolate bar palette, urban decay electric palette

When I first started "beauty blogging," I felt like I had to have the newest makeup to show that I'm up to date with the latest products. But now it's more like I'd rather show what I can do with makeup rather than reviewing makeup. I'm the kind of person who likes to do really thorough reviews, and sometimes it makes me feel frustrated when I can't write out what I'm thinking! I think I'd go nuts if I was constantly churning out reviews for this blog.

february favorites: too faced la creme lipstick in nude beach

Anyway, I've gotten off to a bit of a tangent. I *gasp* have a video to share my February favorites! I can't say enough of how awkward it is, but I think I'll ease into it with time.


PRODUCTS MENTIONED »
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Urban Decay Electric Palette
Too Faced La Creme lipstick in Nude Beach

It feels pretty weird to me that I only posted once last week. I was hoping to have a post up on Friday but my schedule just wasn't having it - though I know I could have probably done it with better time management! Luckily the days are getting longer, so there will be more sunlight for me to take pictures :)

18 comments:

  1. GASP a video!!!!! hats off to you for gathering the courage to make a video - i'm still far from being brave enough to try hahaa. great favorites! i especially love that lipstick... such a pretty color especially for spring :) i've taken an eyeshadow palette hiatus and fallen into the endless lazy slump of cream eyeshadows haha. one shade, smudged over the lids with my fingers, and i'm out the door. lazy girl products are my weakness!!! :D

    rachel x
    blush&brunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love the Electric palette, just don't know how much I'd use it! X
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky!!! I loved your video! I'm so excited that you made a youtube video and now I feel inspired to do one too! You did great and I laughed so hard at the clip you put in that said 'I LIED' lol that was perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayy a video!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Too Faced lipstick looks stunning! And great video, I think you talk really well in front of the camera!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you saying that you'd prefer to show what you can do with make up rather than a review, love seeing the different looks people can create with the same palette as you, I have the electric palette and am loving it! xx http://cottonandcandie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. BECKYYYY YOU CUTIEPIE!! You're not awkward or weird at all!!! <333
    I also love your voice c: Anyway thanks for showing your first video and
    your favorites! You are really good with makeup ^_^ Xx
    http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is the chocolate bar eye shadow?! I love it!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice picks! I want that chocolate bar eye shadow, I first discovered it when I watched Acacia Brinley's video on how she does her make up, it seems to be a really great product!

    hannie | chapters like this

    ReplyDelete
  10. the chocolate bar palette was such a mind worm for me and when i got it i didn't love it as much as i though it would ;( lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, thank you <3 you're always so positive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YEAH i stalked you for a bit with your older YT videos (helllllo) and I dunno yeah, it's pretty weird to match a face with a voice!


    Ooooo I've been keeping an eye on Spice Spice Baby, though I'm patiently waiting for that Sephora sale to go live so I can get it at a slight discount. I'm slowly preparing myself for the same (even tho it's like a month away haha) and I find that most of the items in my cart are repurchases so that's always good! I feel VERY overwhelmed by bright shades, I think I can pull off a bold red or bright fuchsia yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww don't make me blush haha! You know, you were partly the reason I decided to make one in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm still not brave either!! But if not now, then when? I strongly believe that most people will probably never be ready to face their challenges (even if the challenge is as silly as a video) so just go for it and don't worry about being the best because you'll never become the best if you don't try!


    Somehow I don't feel like one shade over the lids looks good on me! Probably cause I'm like, I NEED THAT NEON GREEN AND PINK AND PURPLE ON MY EYELIDS hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel like the Electric palette helped boost me up into doing more bright looks - I definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. #NOTCREEPYATALL??? (IDK, thinking about deleting everything/starting afresh idek ugh videos r hard, man)

    YES. I'M WAITING FOR THE DAMN SALE TOO. I have a few things I want to get my hands on, but bold lip colours terrify me, unless they are sheered out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have to say that I loved this video. You have a really nice voice and I hope that you do more videos soon :)

    x Kathryn
    Through the Thicket

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a great video, I really enjoyed it!!

    www.lifestylefunxion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete