17 January 2014

sister's makeup: my favorites


Aside from the occasional fights and mishaps, having a sister is awesome. Even though my sister is younger than I am, she's the one who introduced me to makeup. We use each other's stuff all the time, so that's where the idea for this post came from. Here are some of my favorites from her collection. 


The name of this product is ridiculously long, haha. I used to use the shade neutralizer, and even though it did help cover up my dark circles I felt like it was the wrong shade for me now that I look back to it. My current concealer routine consists of Motives Creme Concealer in Amber for my undereye area first, then dabbing the brightener shade on top, followed by the light shade. Three concealers for the eye area is probably a bit excessive, but this combination works really well for my dark circles.

I used to hate foundation because it made my face feel really heavy. My sister was raving about how she loves this foundation, so I gave it a try as well and ended up buying my own after a few uses (in my defense, I'm running out of my Too Faced BB cream so this is kind of like a repurchase). The formula is really light but provides medium-ish coverage (I'm not well versed in the foundation department, so how would I know?). I love how this truly gives a natural look to the skin - the "glow" part definitely means a healthy glow, not shimmery or dewy, which I think is really flattering on both my sister and me.


I never understood the hype for MAC brushes, until I tried this one. It's the perfect size and shape for contouring my cheekbones and for some reason I can never achieve the same effect with any other brush. It's rather expensive in my opinion for one brush, but I think it's worth the investment.


I'm extremely gentle when it comes to my eye area, so using my regular makeup remover takes a while and I'm not very patient with it. I used to use olive oil in the past and it takes eye makeup off really easily, but it's a mess to work with. I love this because it has the same quick, easy, and gentle removal properties as olive oil but washes off with warm water without leaving residue. I only need a pea-size amount to remove all my eye makeup, though I still use a regular remover for the rest of my face.

Aside from the foundation, I probably won't actually purchase any of these until she goes back to Ohio for college. The perks of having a sister, eh? ;)

Until next post,
Becky

16 comments:

  1. I reeeeeally want to try the NARS Sheer Glow.

    RIKKI
    // NAKED3 REVIEW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's such a nice foundation, can't find any complaints about it so far.

      Delete
  2. That Mac brush looks amazing! I've always wanted to try their face brushes! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the nice benefits having a sister c:
    I'm also gentle with my eye area! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said it well, having a sister is awesome! I have two and unfortunately they are very far away now but we always shared our make up :)
    I loved the cleansing balm, I'd love to try it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, sounds bittersweet moving to Sweden :( Hopefully you'll see them soon!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous19/1/14 05:22

    Having sister is amazing,nice post:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the maybelline concealer & I really want to try the cleanser <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It makes taking eye makeup (and makeup in general, really) off a breeze :)

      Delete
  7. I've heard a lot of good reviews about the maybeline age rewind concealer but i've never really gotten one myself. I think I'm definitely gonna get it once i see it! :) xx
    DreamerDreamBigger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous20/1/14 14:52

    These are great products! I want to try NARS Sheer Glow.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all sound like fantastic products! I am very interested in the Clinique cleansing balm!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've always wanted a sister for this exact reason.. haha! yay i see my favorite clinique cleansing balm :) that concealer sounds really nice, i wish they stocked it here in hong kong!!

    rachel x
    blush&brunch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous22/1/14 14:11

    I am exactly the same and use my sister's makeup all of the time haha!
    The Clinique cleansing balm sounds really good, I've been looking for a nice cleansing balm but there are so many out there - I don't know where to start!
    (also, your photos are so crisp and clear - love it!)

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great idea for a post - I love it :) I also love NARS Sheet Glow, it's such a lovely foundation isn't it? I'd love to try that Clinique balm - it's sounds amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must try the Instant Age Rewind as I have some dark circles that I need to conceal as well!

    Emily
    ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete