31 August 2014

recent favorites

star violet - recent favorites

Hey! It's been a long time since I've done a favorites post, so I'm kickin' it off with some of my recent ones. Maybe I'll be consistent enough to do one next month too, but we'll have to see about that ;P Lol at my phone cause how do you put an intangible item in a favorites picture anyway n_______n

star violet - beauty blender, nars creamy concealer in honey, bobbi brown tinted eye brightener in porcelain bisque

nars | creamy concealer in honey
bobbi brown | tinted eye brightener in porcelain bisque
It's summer and it's hot, so on most days I opt out of wearing foundation and go for just concealer. I've written about the NARS concealer before and I still love it! Used in conjunction with Bobbi Brown's tinted eye brightener, it definitely looks like I've been well-rested :) The way I like to use these is putting a few dabs of the NARS concealer right under my eyes, and swiping Bobbi Brown's tinted eye brightener in a V shape under the concealer.

beautyblender | the original beautyblender
Speaking of concealer, my new favorite way of blending it out is with a Beauty Blender. Yeah yeah, it seems like everyone has one and they either hate it or love it. It's so easy to blend out my concealer with this and I don't have to get anything on my fingers, which is a huge plus because the feeling of stuff on my fingers bothers me a lot and I have to take an extra trip to the bathroom to wash it off (first world problems, I know). I also like this because I can wipe Benefit's Watt's Up!, my cream highlighter of choice, off my fingers and onto the wet sponge. Heh.

anastasia go brow kit - brow pencil and clear brow gel

anastasia beverly hills | brow pencilclear brow gel (from their go brow kit)
My new favorite brow combo! I got these in a small kit along with a tiny pair of tweezers. I like my brows looking very natural, so the brow pencil is perfect because it's not too soft and doesn't deposit too much product. My eyebrows grow downwards in some places, so the brow gel is great for keeping them in place all day. A lot of people seem to like Maybelline's clear mascara as brow gel, but I find that it just doesn't compare to this one.

fresh citron de vigne shower gel

fresh | citron de vigne shower gel
While I really disliked the rollerball of this scent, I love the shower gel! It smells very citrusy, with a tiny hint of bitterness to it which I really like. So it's not just like straight up lemon or straight up orange like most citrus scents, but more like a blend with a little something to it. I like to think it makes me smell a little more grown up, haha~ It's a little drying to the skin even though it claims to be moisturizing, but I think that's true for all shower gels anyway.

psycho-pass: extended
{ edit: unknown source. probably from the official website? }
psycho-pass: extended
Usually I don't go for dark and somewhat gory shows like this, but I'm in loooove with this one. The storyline takes place in the future where it's possible to scan and "measure" how dangerous a person can be, and can determine whether they are criminals even if they haven't committed a crime yet. Except there's the bad guy of course, who isn't affected by that system and can commit crimes as he pleases. James introduced it to me - he's watched the original show, but we're currently watching the extended version together. It's still airing, so we have to wait a week between each episode. As always, I would recommend Japanese audio with English subtitles n_______n

Until next post,
Becky

10 comments:

  1. Great faves! I really like the nars concealer too, will have to pick up the bobby brown one to go with it :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that show in my Netflix list to eventually watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with the Anastasia clear brow gel too! Great favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice favorites c: I've heard that the beauty blender
    is quite pricey :o
    And you got me curious about this anime c: I am
    keeping this one in mind! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to hate concealers before I met these two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should! You won't be able to stop once you start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who knew a clear brow gel could be such a life changer, haha~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!! It is, about 20$ USD. But I'd say it's worth it! Psycho pass is a pretty good show so far, though it can get pretty gross in terms of blood at times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want the NARS Creamy concealer but I haven't yet made the commitment to purchase it, seeing as I have so many other concealers to use up first! I also want to try Anastasia brow products sometime too, but I'm not sure where to start... their Brow Wiz and pots are quite popular though :)


    http://reveriebelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you though! I don't seem to have that kind of discipline, haha. Anastasia's pots scare me off a little - I see a lot of people having great results, but personally I'm afraid that I'll use a little too much. I love doing my brows so it's really easy for me to overdo them!

    ReplyDelete