13 December 2014

my first time at lush!

welcome to the lush life - included in poptastic

I had a day off on Wednesday, so it was the perfect time to head over to Lush! Now that I think about it, I should have been all cool and taken pictures of the store for an Instagram-worthy picture to celebrate losing my Lush virginity. Oh well. There's always a next time for those pictures!

lush dragon's egg bath bomb, lush twilight bath bomb

Dragon's Egg bath bomb » One of the bath bombs that I've wanted to try for a really long time. Partly because it's citrus scented, partly because of the magical explosion of glitter, but mostly because it's called Dragon's Egg and it reminds me of Harry Potter.

Twilight bath bomb » I felt a little empty-handed if I left with just Poptastic and Dragon's Egg, so I made a last-minute decision to get Twilight. It smells like berries to me, but Lush says it's supposed to smell like lavender... Maybe the berry scent is just on the surface. I can see (smell?) why they say it helps you to relax your mind for better sleep, though!

lush poptastic

lush northern lights bath bomb, lush sparkler bath bomb

Poptastic » Northern Lights was on my wishlist, but they seem to have sold out online and in-store. One of the associates suggested the Poptastic wrapped gift set, which includes Northern Lights and another similar-by-type one called Sparkler. She said it's a great way to try more, though honestly it's probably to get me to buy more - not hating on her of course, it's her job after all. Nevertheless it worked, and I'm happy she directed me towards the set cause I gave Sparkler a whiff later and it smells pretty darn good!

I wish I could have left with a few more items, but I had to exhibit some kind of self control here. Until next time, Lush! In the meantime, do you have any favorites for me to check out in my next visit?

16 comments:

  1. Dragons egg is my favorite bath bomb! It's so amazing! when those two sparklers ones came out, I thought the yellow smelled better than the purple but I got the purple because of the stars lol!!!
    The lush mask of magnaminty is amazing, and so is their tea tree water toner and their eye creams great too! I'm glad you enjoyed your first trip there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo! Looks like you have enjoyed your first
    Lush well! We don't have a bathtub at home
    which is a shame cuz these bath bombs
    sounds amazing! Xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying to try Northern Lights, it sounds divine!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once you try Lush you will fall in love! ^ v ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd definitely pick up Dragon's Egg because of the name too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Lush . Love so many things from them !! I havent seen the Poptastic ones so far - they look so cute ( almost edible!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to try Lush's products I hear so many good things about them! I don't live near a Lush store, so I'll likely have to order online! I hope you enjoy your items!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the recommendations! I'll have to try that mask sometime. I'd definitely go for just the purple one for the stars too, but such a bummer that it was sold out in my store! I can't wait to try out dragons egg :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, boo! Its definitely a pretty nice experience, maybe borrow a friends tub for the night hahaha ;) theres always other products like shower gels and soaps that lush has if you're interested in trying!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does, I can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehehe, I tried out one of the bath bombs last weekend, so glittery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe, I'd have a feeling you would too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my coworkers Vennesa went with me and she got a bath bomb for one of our other coworkers named Xiao Wei. Xiao Wei asked if she could it eat cause she didn't know what it was, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! I tried one of the bath bombs this weekend and loved it! I don't live near a lush store either - closest one is a little over an hour away by public transit - but I thought it'd be a better idea to go to the store to be able to smell and touch everything. If you can I'd definitely recommend going in person!

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I used to be into lush, I loved every product they ever made. I still buy from them, but not the bath bombs :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I guess the bath bombs are a real luxury treat because it's pretty expensive considering what they are! I really want to try their Rose Jam and Flying Fox shower gels, they sound like they smell soooo good.

    ReplyDelete