13 January 2015

review | lush sparkler bath bomb

lush sparkler bath bomb

Let me start this off by saying that it is a very ballsy move to take pictures while hovering over a bathtub of water. The whole time I was being super careful and afraid of my camera falling in... Also, it's really hard getting pictures when the steam from the water keeps fogging up your lens. But then again, I guess part of being a blogger is the guise of being cool, calm, and collected while in reality you're freaking out and struggling like there's no tomorrow.

lush sparkler ballistic bath bomb

lush sparkler

When I dropped Sparkler in my bath, the water turned bright yellow. The core of Sparkler is a deep orange, so that was a pretty neat surprise! It also smells really nice, like floral with just a hint of citrus. Lush says it shares the same fragrance as Rose Jam, though Sparkler's scent isn't as strong as the shower gel.

Anyway, back on topic - Can we talk about the glitter in this one?? So. Much. Glitter. From Christmas cards to baths - I LOVE GLITTER.

lush sparkler bath bomb

In the end, I think this one was just ok - I would use it again, but nothing about it blows me away. The fizzing part was a lot of fun to watch though, and it makes my bath water super pretty. I guess I expected it to leave my skin feeling softer and it didn't deliver in that department. It did however, leave a really nice scent on me for most of the day (and the washroom!).

Even though Sparkler didn't wow me as much as I thought it would, I'm super excited to try its sister bath bomb, Northern Lights. Both these bombs are limited edition products so while they're sold out online, they might still be available in-store.

8 comments:

  1. I seem to Always take pictures of my bath bombs too lol and I always mentally tell myself how stupid I'm being because I'm so clumpy haha!!! This one looks pretty. I think you'll like the northern lights one better, it has some surprise colors in it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer to hear that it doesn't deliver much
    rather than being pretty and fragrant :c
    Xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only used a Lush bath bomb once, and I will admit that the kid in me totally loved all the fizzing! Random question, but how was the cleanup? Any crazy residue glitter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds cool-- I think I would try it once :) I love that it looks like sidewalk chalk!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, I don't understand how some people do it without freaking out, cause phones and cameras are expensive. You surprisingly know me well, I tried the northern lights one not too long ago and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, oh well - I think bath bombs are mostly designed for show anyway! Lush has some bath melts for moisturizing your skin in the bath, I think I'll try some of those as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, it's a lot of fun watching the bath bomb dissolve! There was crazy glitter left over, but nothing a little shower shower rinse couldn't get rid of :) I've heard so many horror stories of bath bombs staining tubs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that I look at it, it totally does! It kinda feels like sidewalk chalk too, though not as sturdy :P And you should, I think everyone should have a fun bath experience at least once!

    ReplyDelete